Sinking Ship Entertainment is currently seeking skilled and enthusiastic VFX Lighting Artists to join our talented VFX crew. If you are a motivated VFX artist with industry experience and are looking to work with an award winning team, let’s talk!
- Take direction & provide solutions to create photorealistic lighting of characters, creatures and hard surface assets
- Work collaboratively with team members, leads, supervisors and producers to efficiently light and render assigned weekly quotas
- Ensure all quality standards are achieved, shot continuity is maintained and shots meet rendering criteria
- Troubleshoot and solve creative & technical issues
- Collaborate with members of other departments as necessary to integrate CG elements
- Manage time, expectations and resources to meet deadlines
- Attend reviews and team meetings as required
- Remain current with latest lighting techniques through industry research and training
- 2+ years experience as a lighting artist in feature films and/or high-end television series
- Must be proficient with Maya
- Experience with VRay and/or Arnold and shaders
- Knowledge of Image Based Lighting a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of composition, light and colour with a keen eye to details
- Ability to take on assigned tasks with minimum supervision
- Ability to take direction/critiques positively and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Experience with Shotgun and/or Deadline a plus
- Preference is given to Ontario residents, qualified Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents of Canada or those eligible under NAFTA
Please email links to resumes, websites & demo reels to firstname.lastname@example.org with VFX LIGHTING ARTIST in the subject line.
Sinking Ship Entertainment would like to thank all applicants. However, due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
Sinking Ship Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We would be happy to accommodate individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation in order to participate in our recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.